The Lienzo De Tlaxcala was commissioned in 1572 by the Native council of the city of Tlaxcalca as a gift to Emperor Charles the Fifth. The large canvas depicted the Hierarchy of Tlaxcala society under the Spanish as well as the Conquest of the Aztecs. The people of Tlaxcala allied themselves with the Spanish during the Conquest and aided in the war with the Aztecs. This represents a distinct shift in perspective from defeated to victor and offers an interesting look into an alternate Native view of the Spanish arrival.
Lienzo De Tlaxcala, 1552
Original Manuscript, Lost "Texas Fragment": Benson Museum, University of Texas at Austin ,Historia De Tlaxcala: University of Glasgow